At this point, IOA does not have a package of information for organizations considering an ombuds office. Hopefully, this is something that will become available soon. Until then, I am posting a list of the materials already online (see also column to right):
- Creating the Office of the Ombudsman; a white paper by Ontario-based Agree Dispute Resolution, Inc.
- A Guide for the Institution; an article by the Association of Canadian College and University Ombudspersons, Oct. 2005
- Conflict Resolution Task Force Report; a recommendation to the University of California, Santa Barbara regarding the re-establishment of the ombuds office
- Creation of an Ombuds Office Can Prevent Retaliation Claims; article by Michael Eisner, an attorney-mediator in Parsippany, New Jersey, on Mediate.com, Jan. 2007
- Physical Environmental Design Factors in College and University Ombuds Offices; article by Tim Griffin of Northern Illinois University in the Cal Caucus Journal, 1994
- Setting Up an Ombuds Office - Safety Considerations; an article by Linda Wilcox of Harvard Medical School in the Cal Caucus Journal, 1994
- On Being An Ombuds: Considerations And Suggestions For Practice; an article by Rick Russell an attorney and ADR professional, on Mediate.com, Apr. 2003