- First, provide your members with useful information that helps them do their jobs;
- Second, provide value for those membership dues with regular programming in a variety of locations;
- Third, make sure that any increase in dues is fair;
- Third, provide discounts and services;
- Fourth, communicate with members regularly and reliably;
- Fifth, respond to member inquiries, questions, and concerns promptly; and
- Sixth, show appreciation to volunteers.
Although Levin's thoughtful letter is aimed at organizations for mediators/arbitrators (e.g., The Association for Conflict Resolution), it offers some valuable reminders for organizations that serve Ombuds too.