Wakem's vision for IOI includes:
- Desire to see IOI as the pre-eminent Ombuds organization;
- Need to rebuild alliances with regional groups and other international integrity institutions to complement efforts to be relevant to membership; and
- Strengthening ties with members and developing new services.
- New website;
- More robust process for assessing membership applications;
- Resolution to focus on providing training to members;
- Virtual library of ombuds materials, including research and legal information; and
- An online directory of members.
Related posts: IOI Newsletter Highlights Membership Growth and Leadership Changes; IOI Publishes Papers from Stockholm 2009 Conference; New Zealand Ombuds Elected to Lead IOI.