August 17, 2011

Michigan State University Opens Search for Ombuds

MSU administrators will open a search to hire an Ombuds to replace Stan Soffin who ended his appointment this week. Soffin has been the University Ombudsman since 1998. Until the replacement is named, Assistant Ombudsman Sandra Harley will serve in the interim position. The university hopes to fill the position permanently by the start of next semester.


Harley is ineligible for the permanent posting due to university bylaws, which require that the the Ombudsman be a faculty member or senior administrator. “Certainly, I have in my past had equally responsible positions (at other universities and colleges), so it feels comfortable to me,” Harley said of the temporary promotion. “I feel that I’m looking forward to having the new ombudsman here.” (MSU News.)

No comments:

Post a Comment