The peer-reviewed journal for Organizational Ombuds is planning a special issue on the subject of “One-Person Ombudsman Offices,” to be published in October 2012. The issue seeks to identify those elements of one-person practice that characterize the challenges and opportunities faced by solo practitioners.
Such issues might include:
- Managing professional isolation and the specific stresses of working ‘alone’
- Using technology, travel, reading, writing, Skype, etc. to broaden our support networks and our outward reach
- The importance of building mentoring relationships with other OOs
- Marketing internally, and identifying and managing allies
- Keeping up to date and managing the diversity of demands Ombudsmen face
The editors are also open to other ideas. Contact the Editor David Miller with any concerns. (IOA News.)