CoFO has updated its website with summaries of its two most recent meetings. Dozens of federal Ombuds participated and the topics ranged widely.
The highlights of the May meeting included:
- A discussion of how Ombuds interface with oversight entities;
- An overview of the Ombuds program at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives;
- A comparison of statistics with other agencies; and
- An update from the recent meeting of the Interagency ADR Working Group, which was attended by Attorney General Eric Holder.
In June, the meeting covered:
- A discussion of how long Ombuds take to to respond to an initial contact;
- An overview of the Ombuds program at the Department of Labor;
- A discussion of work experiences/trainings that best prepared people for their Ombuds role; and
- A discussion of case tracking system features.
Related posts: CoFO Continues Work on Thorny Issues Facing Government Ombuds; COFO Collaborating With Federal Agencies Creating New Ombuds Programs; Coalition of Federal Ombudsmen Sets Tenth Annual Conference; Coalition of Federal Ombuds Meeting Minutes Highlights New Office; Report from February 2012 Meeting of Coalition of Federal Ombuds; Coalition of Federal Ombuds Begins Plans for 2012 Conference.