No particular qualifications are sought and preference will be given to applicants with:
- Participation with community organizing, collectives, and activism by and for marginalized communities. Knowledge of alternative accountability processes.
- Knowledge of AR/AO principles and experience working or volunteering with sex worker communities.
- Empathy and conflict resolution skills.
- Personal experience with alienation from mainstream social justice organizations.
- People of color, gender-nonconforming and transgender individuals, people who have engaged with street-based economies or been impacted by the criminal justice system, and current or former sex workers and drug users are especially encouraged to apply.
The organization is headquartered in Walnut, CA, but it is not clear whether the Ombuds must work in that location. The position pays $20 per hour and applications are due October 22, 2017. (SWOP-USA Job Posting; About Us.)
Related posts: International Foundation for Online Responsibility Unveils Ombuds Program; Job Posting (2016).