10. Feign sincerity with eye contact and repetition.
9. End a conversation with body language.
8. Ask sensitive questions indirectly to skip awkwardness.
7. Use silence to win arguments and nail a negotiation.
6. Soften critiques with the sandwich method.
5. Say "no" gently—or say "yes, but...."
4. Ask questions well.
3. De-code office jargon.
2. "Pace and lead" an irate person.
1. Become a human lie detector.
Ombuds employ many of these techniques intuitively, but the list may be helpful for socially challenged visitors. (Lifehacker.)