The highest number of hits came on June 18, which featured stories about:
- A Federal District Court respecting the confidentiality of the ombuds office at Marquette University;
- The governor of Tennessee moving ahead with hiring an open records ombuds;
- The Ombudsman for Citizenship and Immigration Services criticizing FBI delays in reviewing immigration applications;
- Public outcry over the ombuds at Eastern Michigan University withholding details of a murder investigation;
- A profile of the new ombuds at University of South Florida; and
- A job posting for the ombuds office at the Stanford School of Medicine.
In its first year, the Ombuds Blog also tracked legislation to:
- Create a federal ombuds for accounting oversight;
- Require intellectual diversity ombuds for several state universities;
- Implement a federal open records ombuds;
- Establish an ombuds office for the Red Cross;
- Create a privilege for ombuds in Texas;
- Open an ombuds office for the Department of Defense;
- Defund the Centers for Disease Control ombuds office; and
- Establish an ombuds for college accreditation issues.