August 29, 2007

Why Your Website Needs a Photo

Dina Lynch, mediator and former ombuds, counts herself as an occasional member of the "Photo-Haters Club." You, too, might be a member if you've ever thought:
  • I must admit I hate having my picture taken.
  • I take a terrible photo.
  • I don't need a headshot
  • I'm an [ombuds] not a movie star
  • It doesn't make a difference if my picture is there or not.
So if your website doesn't feature your picture, Dina urges you to change your mind. As she explains, this is a bad move "because people do business with people they like and trust, not highly polished, professional brochures or websites." Dispute resolution "is a trust based business so marketing should help increase that connection of trust, not deplete it." (Mediation Mensch.) It's good advice for ombuds.

(Related post Website Photo Mistakes to Avoid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment