10. Art and Culture! The Art Institute of Chicago will have just opened a New Exhibit--Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity. Explore the fascinating relationship between art and fashion during the late 19th century with nearly 80 paintings by Impressionist masters such as Caillebotte, Degas, Manet, Renoir, and Seurat. Visit Chicago’s many fantastic museums, and the Shedd Aquarium.
9. Chicago theater! Broadway in Chicago The Book of Mormon is in town. You may also enjoy Cirque Shanghai at Navy Pier.
8. Baseball! The Chicago White Sox are in town the week before our meeting, playing the Tigers and then the Royals. The Chicago Cubs play the Milwaukee Brewers on July 29, 30, and 31 at historic Wrigley Field.
7. Navy Pier! Visit beautiful Navy Pier for a variety of shopping and dining experiences, or take a sightseeing boat ride on like Michigan.
6. Architecture! Enjoy an architectural tour of Chicago via boat or double decker bus!
5. Feeling adventurous? Take a tour of Chicago on a Segway!
4. The Magnificent Mile! Don't forget shopping and dining on Michigan Avenue!And the Number One Reason to Visit DePaul University and Chicago in July:
1. Visiting with your friends and colleagues at the 11th Annual Summer Meeting of Academic Ombudspersons on July 28-29 at DePaul University.If you have not already registered, there is still time. You have three options for meetings to attend. You can choose all three or just the meetings you need:
- Sunday—New Ombuds Workshop (plus evening reception for Sunday, Monday and/or Tuesday meeting attendees).
- Sunday afternoon—Monday—11th Annual Academic Ombuds Meeting
- Tuesday—Workshop for Medical School Ombuds
Prior post: DePaul University Will Host 2013 Summer Meeting of Academic Ombuds.