Newly added sessions include:
- Externs in the Ombuds Office: Why They Should be Welcomed and How They Should be Managed with Tom Kosakowski and Indu Sen;
- Issues Concerning IOA Standards of Practice with Legal Implications co-sponsored by IOA committees on Professional Ethics, Standards & Best Practices, and Legal & Legislative Affairs;
- Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and the Ombudsman with Ian Darling;
- Whistleblowers: Thank You and Good-bye with Gareth Jones and Barbara Finlay;
- An Introduction to Results Based Management for Ombudsman Offices with Luc Martin, Lisette Thibault, and Serge Jetté;
- Conversations with the IOA Board;
- The Ombudsman and New Institutional Governance, Towards a Development of Participative Practices and Mediation with Louise Lalonde and Catherine Régis; and
- IOA’s “Certification Planning” Discussion with Marsha L. Wagner, Carolyn Noorbakhsh, and Jennifer Wolf.
Related posts: 2009 Conference Agenda Announced; 2009 Pre-Conference Courses Announced.