According to the posting, several of the GSU Student Ombudsman's expected duties are outside the IOA standards, including:
- Investigate student complaints received by the President and/or his COO regarding campus policies and procedures as it relates to student involvement, including, but not limited to; areas of: Student Affairs, Finance, Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, Athletics, and Alumni Affairs.
- Prepare and organize minutes on Office 365 for the President’s Cabinet meetings on behalf of the Chief Operating Office.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence on behalf of the President and the Chief Operating Officer as directed.
- Maintain the President’s Official Guest Lists for various events, updating as necessary.
- Assist in planning and executing various Presidential special events including, but not limited to: Commencement exercises; annual Founder’s Week activities; annual Retirement Dinner; other special Dinners, Receptions, Luncheons and Breakfast Meetings; ticket distribution for the President’s guests at home and away football games, including the Bayou Classic and other football classics.
- Serve as the President’s Office mail technician, processing incoming mail and distributing it to appropriate staff and other departments as deemed necessary.
Perhaps the job description will be reconsidered with input from applicants or others.