The International Ombudsman Association will present its next training program at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL, the week of July 16-20, 2012. Courses include:
- Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (formerly Organizational Ombudsman 101), July 16-18 - A 2½ day course that covers the fundamentals of the Organizational Ombuds role. It provides basic information and training for the Organizational Ombudsman by emphasizing the principles of confidentiality, neutrality, independence, and informality.
- Organizational Ombudsman Knowledge and Skills: Working with Visitors and Respondents, July 16-18 - This 2½ day intermediate program This first installment of the “Organizational Ombudsman Knowledge and Skills” series explores proven theories and techniques for working effectively with visitors and respondents. Instructors will be Donna J. Louden, Associate Director, The University of Colorado at Boulder; Sean A. Banks, Director & Company Ombuds, Shell Oil Company-Ombuds Services; and Belinda K. Newman, University Ombuds, University of North Texas.
- Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (formerly Organizational Ombudsman 101 PLUS), July 18, following the conclusion of Foundations - This course will concentrate on how to communicate the value and benefits of an Ombudsman function internally to management who are considering starting an Ombudsman Office, and from the outside if you are an entrepreneur.
- Specialized Course #1, July 19 - Abstract will be available shortly.
- Specialized Course #2: July 20 - Abstract will be available shortly.
Priority registration closes June 15, 2012. (IOA Summer 2012 Training Info.)