OPM is hiring a Staff Assistant to the Director of the Executive Secretariat and Ombudsman in Washington, DC. In some respects, the position seems to be administrative and managerial. On the other hand, many duties resemble those of an Organizational Ombuds:
- Coordinates OPM contacts with foreign visitors and delegations and requests for briefings;
- Manages and monitors the flow and timeliness of decision packages and controlled correspondence.
- Handles special projects, such as writing option papers or justifications.
- Assists with preliminary research and preparation of briefing materials on proposals from OPM program officials.
- Summarizes inquiries and OPM's comments on proposals in order to advise and assist the supervisor on implementing personnel management initiatives.
- Assists with planning and organizing special events.
Moreover, the GS-9/13 position requires at least a master's degree or equivalent experience. This may be an excellent entry-level position in a growing Ombuds program. The salary range is $51,630-97,333/year and applications are due June 4. (USA Jobs, job ann. no.: 10-353-LED.)