February 27, 2012

Job Posting: Strayer University

The private, for-profit educational institution is hiring a Student Financial Services Ombudsman. The position is primarily responsible for handling unresolved loan disputes between students and the university. (According to the U.S. Department of Education, the repayment rate of federal student loans at Strayer University is about 24%.) The position will be full time and based in Northern Virginia. 

According to the job posting, the Ombudsman will review and attempt to informally resolve disputes, maintain confidentiality, and remain independent, neutral and impartial. However, the posting also indicates that the Ombuds will be assisted by the Strayer University Legal team. This appears to be a new position and there is nothing on the Strayer website about the Ombuds program. No qualifications, salary or deadline indicated. (Strayer Recruiter; U.S. Dept. of Ed.)

1 comment:

  1. I received several telephone calls regarding my dispute with Strayer University regarding a balance on my account. The telephone call was supposed to have been placed by an Ombudsman on behalf of Strayer University. This person was not helpful at all. I basically felt that the Director of the campus had this person to call me. I earned my degree from the Springfield Campus in Pennsylvania. I can understand that the rate paying back loans are low because I believe that the University Business Office leaves a lot to be desired. I believe that they are very creative in their bookkeeping methods, leaving the student holding the ball.

    ReplyDelete