May 23, 2011

Asian Scientist Magazine: The Organizational Ombudsman Can Help

The latest issue of the magazine for the Asian scientific community, includes an article that explains how an Ombuds can help with these types of problems:
  • “My senior colleague wants to be co-first author on my paper, but I did 80 percent of the work!”
  • “My PI is not letting me graduate… I’m desperate.”
  • “I can’t stand my labmate who bullies me. I can’t do anything about it because I depend on him.”
  • “I hate my boss.”
The article discusses the professional standards of independence, neutrality and impartiality, confidentiality, and informality. There are several references to IOA materials and the website. This might be a good handout for Ombuds working with researchers. (Asian Scientist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment