The Board of Certification for Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioners has announced the names of the first Ombuds to become certified. Nineteen individuals from 12 different organizations have now passed the examination and have demonstrated they have at least a year of experience and practice to the IOA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Evan R. Arrowsmith, Eaton Corporation
- Thomas W. Barnette, American Express
- Carol L. Breslin, Chevron Corporation
- Victoria Brown, University of Central Florida
- Ilene Butensky Brehm, Eaton Corporation
- Mary Chavez Rudolph, University of Colorado Denver
- Melissa Connell, University of Colorado Denver
- Joan Elaine Engel, Career Concepts, Inc.
- Sylvia L. Powlis Garvin, Career Concepts, Inc.
- Sharon Lanier, Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Bathabile K. S. Mthombeni, Columbia University
- Lisa M. Neale, University of Colorado Denver
- David Richardson, Kaiser Permanente
- Janis Schonauer, AllianceBernstein
- John A. Simonetti, Eaton Corporation
- Albin W. Swenson, Chevron Corporation
- Marc Vaucher, United Nations
- Richard G. Wall, Chevron Corporation
- Theodore R. Williamson III, The Coca-Cola Company
The next CO-OP examination will be offered during the IOA annual conference in New Orleans, April 8, 2010. (CO-OP Directory of Practitioners.)
Update 3/14/10: One Name Added to the List of First Certified Ombuds.
Related posts: IOA Unveils Certification Program for Organizational Ombuds; First Ombuds Certification Exam: 96% Pass Rate.