At its annual conference in Portland, OR, the International Ombudsman Association has announced that its Board of Directors has elected officers to serve until next April.
The following will serve as officers of the association:
- President -- Tom Kosakowski, University of California, Los Angeles
- Vice President -- Doris Campos-Infantino, Inter-American Development Bank
- Treasurer -- Wayne Blair, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Assistant Treasurer -- Nick Diehl, American Red Cross
- Secretary -- Anamaris Cousins, Halliburton
On a personal note, I am honored to be chosen to lead this association and I promise to do my best in service to my colleagues. I am aware that my new role may cause some confusion about the relationship of this blog to IOA. So let me make it clear that the Ombuds Blog is solely mine and does not necessarily reflect the official position of IOA. I will not post items to the blog that are not already available to the public; information that is restricted to IOA members or the board will not be published here.
Inclusion or exclusion of any matters should not imply an endorsement or disapproval by IOA. Moreover, during my tenure as board member, I have a fiduciary duty to not take a position against IOA. On the other hand, comments will still be permitted (although personal attacks and commercial comments will not). If anyone has questions, please contact me at any time.