The Association of Canadian College and University Ombudspersons has posted the agenda for its Western Regional meeting at the University of Alberta on October 28 and 29. The one and a half days of presentations and discussion are designed for those holding Ombuds and Ombuds-like positions at post-secondary institutions in Western Canada.
- Opening Remarks – Dr. Frank Robinson, Dean of Students, University of Alberta
- Group Introduction: S’ up on your campus? Hot Topics
- A Trio of Perspectives:
Working from a Satellite Campus – Mark Chytracek, U of A , Augustana; Maria Mazzotta, UBC, Okanagan
The Student as Ombuds – Stephen Chin, Amanda Granstrand, U of A
Student Advocacy and Ombudsing – Robyn Lougheed, BCIT; Kari Michaels, Kwantlen
- Student Advocacy and Ombudsing – Robyn Lougheed, BCIT; Kari Michaels, Kwantlen
- Campus Traditions Gone Ugly: Anti-Hazing & Anti-Bullying Campaigns – Deb Eerkes, Chris Hackett, Wade King, Natalie Sharpe, U of A
- Student Appeals and Administrative Fairness – Jayson MacLean, Michael Peterson, U of A
- Mental Health Issues on Campus – Jay Solman, SFU
- S’ up on your campus? Hot Topics
- Opening Remarks – Dr. Frank Peters, Educational Policy Studies, U of A
- Bright Pink Spotlight on Graduate Students Issues – Jayson MacLean, U of A
- Roundtable: Casework Conundrums!
- Training Programs: The Osgoode/FCO Certificate Program & Other Learning Initiatives Kristen Flath, NAIT; Marc Johnson, U of A
- All about ACCUO: News & Discussion (for Members and Associate Members)
Related posts: Association of Canadian College and University Ombudspersons Publishes Standards of Practice; ACCUO Sets 2013 Midyear Meeting; ACCUO Chronicles Three Decades of Ombuds in Higher Education; Association of Canadian College and University Ombudspersons Sponsors Student Writing Contest.