In addition to sessions led by nationally-respected Ombuds, the Summer Meeting will also present its annual New Academic Ombuds Workshop lead by David Carver (University of Nebraska Medical Center) and Kerry Egdorf (Marquette University).
- “Cultural Competency” (includes discussion) -- Precious Porras (Office of Multicultural Affairs, University of Kansas)
- “Trauma and Trauma Response” (includes discussion) -- Jennifer Brockman (Sexual Assault Prevention and Education Center, University of Kansas)
- 2017 Summer Meeting Planning Committee discussion
- “Restorative Justice” Shannon Burton -- (Michigan State University)
- “Ombuds Relationships in the Workplace” -- Sarah Klaper (Northern Illinois University)
- “Branding Trust” Panel Discussion -- Dave Carver (University of Nebraska Medical Center); Kellie Harmon (University of Kansas); and Jessica Kuchta-Miller (Washington University in St. Louis)
Related posts: University of Kansas Ombuds Office Marks 35 Years of Service;
DePaul University Will Host 2013 Summer Meeting of Academic Ombuds; Registration Opens for 2014 Summer Meeting of Academic Ombuds ; Registration Opens for 2015 Summer Academic Ombuds Meeting; Midwestern Accreditation Body Endorses Ombuds for Higher Education.