The latest newsletter from the European Network for Ombudsmen in Higher Education highlights the work of college and university Ombudsmen around the globe.
- News on the relaunch of the Austrian Student Ombudsman’s Office and the enabling legislation, §31 of the Federal Act on the External Quality Assurance;
- An editorial by publisher and Austrian Student Ombudsman, Josef Leidenfrost;
- "Resolving Student Complaint: The Role of Public Sector Ombudsmen in Australia" by Patty Kamvounias, Senior Lecturer in Business Law, The University of Sydney Business School;
- A summary of ENOHE’s 9th Annual Conference Madrid 2011;
- Information about upcoming conferences of the International Ombudsman Institute in New Zealand and the Association of Canadian College and University Ombudsman in Edmonton, Canada;
- News about the appointment of an Ombudsperson at the University of Stuttgart, a Student Advocate at the University of New Orleans, and University Ombudsman of the Pontifical, Catholic University of Perú in Lima; and the retirement of Dr. Leoncio Lara Sáenz, Ombudsman at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico;
- An overview of new rules adopted by the UK Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education for the publication of decision summaries; and
- Forthcoming events and publications.