The United States Ombudsman Association will hold its annual meeting in Dayton, Ohio, October 6-8, 2010. The theme, "Soaring to New Heights: Innovations in Ombudsmanship," emphasizes recent developments in the field. A preliminary agenda for the event indicates there will be sessions on a wide range of issues, many of which will be relevant for Organizational Ombuds.
- Creative Case Strategizing (with focus groups for School Ombudsmen, Children’s Ombudsmen, Executive Ombudsmen and Legislative Ombudsmen)
- Demonstrating Our Value
- Dealing with Difficult People – Interacting effectively with challenging complainants and respondents
- Federal Ombudsman
- Gathering Information Through Interviews
- Ombudsman Offices and Elected or Appointing Officials: Short term or long lived relationship?
- Ombudsman Rationale to Decline or Discontinue Investigations
- Ombudsman and Vulnerable Populations
- USOA Standards
- The Values and Principles of Public Service
Information packets are being sent to USOA members. Nonmembers can contact organizers for registration information. (USOA 2010 Conf. Info.)
Related post: USOA 30th Annual Conference in Colorado.