The International Ombudsman Association has released the details of the pre-conference course that will be offered on April 3 in Portland.
Full Day Courses
- Tough Choices for Ombudsmen—Resolving Difficult Challenges through Ethical Fitness with Martin L. Taylor, Director, Center for Corporate Ethics, Institute for Global Ethics
- Master Class: Skills for the Experienced Ombudsman with Nick Diehl, Deputy Ombudsman, American Red Cross
Half Day Morning Courses
- Can you hear me now? Listening as a Foundational Skill with Margaret Fitch-Hauser, Ph.D., Auburn University
- Resolving Workplace Bullying: A New Approach for Ombudsmen with Dr. Laura Crawshaw, Founder, The Boss Whispering Institute; and Sylvie Matteau, Manager, Ombudsman and Conflict Management Services, Health Canada
Half Day Afternoon Course
- Organizational Integrity: Values in Action with Mark D. Bennett, J.D., Decision Resources, Inc.
Full day courses are limited to 25 participants; half-day courses to 50. Early registration ends March 10. (IOA Pre-Conf. Info.)