VCU's University Ombudsman William King, has announced the details of the 4th Annual National Conflict Resolution Day. The featured speaker will be Sean Banks, Director, Office of Ombuds Services at The Shell Oil Company and former UCLA Ombudsperson. A panel discussion featuring university faculty, staff and students will follow.
Here is the full agenda:
- Breakfast & Networking
- Introduction & Welcome -- William E. King, University Ombudsperson
- Opening Remarks -- Mark Rubin, Executive director, Virginia Center for Consensus Building
- Keynote Speaker -- "A Matter of Perspective: The Potential Role of Conflict Resolution in the INCLUSION (R)EVOLUTION," Sean Banks, Director, Ombuds Services and Corporate Ombuds Shell Oil Company
- VCU's Commitment -- Kevin Allison, Ph.D., Interim Vice President for Inclusive Excellence
- Panel Discussion and Q&A, Featuring VCU Leadership -- John Venuti, Assistant VP Public Safety; Chief, VCU Police, Chuck Klink, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Student Affairs; Kathy Bassard, Ph.D., Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs; Cathleen Burke, VP for Human Resources; Facilitator: Jacqueline Kniska, University Compliance Officer
- Closing Remarks -- William E. King
Related post: Virginia Commonwealth University Introduces New Ombuds; UMass Dartmouth to Host University of Colorado Ombuds for National Conflict Resolution Day; Job Posting; Virginia Commonwealth University Appoints Ombuds; Virginia Commonwealth University Ombuds Sponsors National Conflict Resolution Day Event; [UC Boulder] Job Posting; Ombuds to Keynote Conflict Resolution Day Event at Virginia Commonwealth University.