August 22, 2016

Ombuds at University of North Dakota Unexpectedly Departs


Sources at UND report that Henok Elias, who became the  full-time Ombuds in November 2015, is no longer at the university.  An email to the entire campus offered little explanation:


Dear Campus Community:  
I write to inform you that I will soon be meeting with the Ombuds Advisory Committee to review future options for providing the services offered through the now vacant Ombuds position.  
I want to assure the campus community that the University is committed to finding ways to provide the services. I will keep the campus apprised as the planning moves ahead.  
Tom DiLorenzo  
Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
No other details have been made public.  The website for the UND Ombuds Office and a Twitter account that went live earlier this month have vanished.  

Related posts:  University of North Dakota to Reconsider Ombuds; Push for Ombuds at University of North Dakota Gets Boost From Students; Job Posting; University of North Dakota Appoints First Ombuds; Conflict Between University of North Dakota's First Ombuds and President Becomes Public, Job Posting; University of North Dakota to Reopen Search; Job Posting; University of North Dakota Hires an Ombuds; Ombuds at University of North Dakota Posts First Report.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I hope Henok is okay. I've always thought it would be very tough to move to a small town and become an ombuds. Your ability to establish a support network is compromised from the outset. And UND seems like a tough place to work. Wishing him well.
    -The Angry Ombuds

    ReplyDelete