Standards for book/media reviews are as follows:
- Comment on the implications for ombuds practice
- Should allow ombuds to learn how the book is useful to their work
- Should not exceed 1,200 words
If you are interested in reviewing one of the titles below, here is how you do it:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the available book you wish to review. A JIOA team member will email you back informing you if the book you request is still available.
- Upon approval, you will be provided with a due date for your book review draft. You have 60 days to submit the draft. A JIOA team member will mail you a copy of the book you have selected for review. If the review is completed, you get to keep the book – free as a thank you for your willingness to review! If you do not finish the review, the book must be returned to JIOA.
- Drafts must be submitted according to author guidelines found the JIOA webpage. It will also be reviewed according to the currently published JIOA Review Process.
It’s that easy! (JIOA.)
Related posts: Journal of IOA Now Available Through EBSCO; Journal of IOA Moves to Piecemeal Publication Schedule; Journal of IOA Opens Access for 2019; Journal of IOA: Impact of Student Conflict in Higher Ed.